How to Check Servicenow Version Without Admin Rights
ServiceNow is a powerful cloud-based platform that offers a wide range of IT service management (ITSM) solutions. It allows organizations to streamline their IT operations and enhance service delivery. However, if you don’t have admin rights on your ServiceNow instance, you may wonder how to check the version you are using. In this article, we will explore various methods to determine your ServiceNow version without requiring admin privileges.
Method 1: System Diagnostics
ServiceNow provides a useful feature called System Diagnostics that allows you to gather information about your instance, including the version. To access System Diagnostics:
1. Log in to your ServiceNow instance using your credentials.
2. Open the navigation menu and search for “System Diagnostics.”
3. Click on the “System Diagnostics” module to open it.
In the System Diagnostics dashboard, you will find various sections with detailed information about your instance. Look for the “System Information” section, where you can find the version of your ServiceNow instance.
Method 2: System Properties
Another way to determine your ServiceNow version is by checking the system properties. Here’s how:
1. Log in to your ServiceNow instance.
2. Open the navigation menu and search for “System Properties.”
3. Click on the “System Properties” module to open it.
In the System Properties window, you will find a list of properties related to your ServiceNow instance. Look for the property named “glide.product.version.” The value of this property represents the version of your ServiceNow instance.
Method 3: Web Browser Developer Tools
If you are unable to access System Diagnostics or System Properties, you can use your web browser’s developer tools to find the version. Follow these steps:
1. Open your ServiceNow instance in a web browser.
2. Right-click anywhere on the page and select “Inspect” or “Inspect Element” from the context menu. This will open the developer tools.
3. In the developer tools, navigate to the “Console” tab.
In the console, type `g_build` and press Enter. The result will display a JSON object containing information about your ServiceNow instance, including the version.
Method 4: Contact Your ServiceNow Administrator
If none of the above methods work or you still have doubts about the version, the easiest way to find out is by contacting your ServiceNow administrator. They will have access to the necessary information and can provide you with the exact version of your instance.
1. Can I determine the ServiceNow version without logging in?
Unfortunately, you need to log in to your ServiceNow instance to access the necessary information or contact your administrator for assistance.
2. Is it possible to upgrade my ServiceNow version without admin rights?
No, upgrading the ServiceNow version requires admin rights as it involves making changes to the underlying system configuration.
3. What other information can I find in System Diagnostics?
System Diagnostics provides comprehensive details about your instance, including database statistics, server information, installed updates, and more.
4. Can I check the ServiceNow version using the mobile app?
The methods mentioned above are primarily applicable to the web version of ServiceNow. The mobile app may not provide direct access to these features.
5. Is it necessary to know the ServiceNow version?
Knowing the ServiceNow version can be helpful for compatibility purposes, ensuring that your configurations and customizations work seamlessly with the specific version you are using.
6. Can I check the ServiceNow version of other instances?
The methods mentioned above can only be used to check the version of the instance you have access to. You cannot determine the version of other ServiceNow instances without proper permissions.
7. How frequently does ServiceNow release new versions?
ServiceNow releases new versions twice a year, in the form of major releases (e.g., New York, Orlando) and several quarterly releases that bring additional features and enhancements.
In conclusion, while checking the ServiceNow version without admin rights may seem challenging, there are multiple methods available to determine the version you are using. By utilizing System Diagnostics, System Properties, web browser developer tools, or contacting your administrator, you can easily find out the version of your ServiceNow instance. Knowing the version is essential for ensuring compatibility and utilizing the platform to its fullest potential.
Post Link: How to Check Servicenow Version Without Admin Rights